Shows & Tickets
MCC Holiday Celebration
MCC Holiday Celebration
Tickets: $10.00 Adults; $2.00 Seniors & Students
MCC Downtown Live Concert Series Begins 2019-20 Season in October
The Downtown Live Concert Series at the Frauenthal Center, 426 W. Western Ave., begins its second season in October 2019 and will feature every Muskegon Community College music ensemble, as well as the West Michigan Concert WINDS which is affiliated with MCC. The 10-concert series continues through April 2020.
Some of the musical selections this season are based upon the 2019 Arts and Humanities Festival (ahFest) theme of “Hope.”
The Downtown Live featured musical groups are:
- College Singers: The College’s full soprano, alto, tenor, and bass (SATB) chorus features MCC students and community members performing a wide variety of the choral repertoire. The Singers are under the Direction of Nicholas Palmer.
- Collegiates: An audition-based select SATB vocal group, the Collegiates perform a wide range of musical genres from the 17th century to modern contemporary works for small vocal ensemble. The Collegiates are under the direction of Nicholas Palmer.
- MCC Wind Ensemble: Conducted by Daniel M. Meyers and entering its ninth year, the Wind Ensemble is comprised of MCC students, both music majors and non-music majors, interested in preparing and performing advanced wind band literature.
- MCC Jazz Ensemble: Comprised of MCC students, the Jazz Ensemble performs traditional and contemporary big-band jazz repertoire.
- MCC Honors Orchestra: Conducted by Philip DeYoung, the Honors Orchestra is a symphony orchestra for MCC students, as well as advanced high school students, performing standard orchestral works of the symphony orchestra.
- West Michigan WINDS: An adult community concert band celebrating its 41st anniversary this concert season, the WINDS has been affiliated with MCC since 1993. Music Director and Conductor Gail Brechting is in her 24th year leading the WINDS. The band has performed at Carnegie Hall in 2016 and in England, Ireland, Wales, Austria, and Germany.
DOWNTOWN LIVE CONCERT SERIES 2019-2020 SEASON SCHEDULE
Oct. 4, 2019 – West Michigan Concert WINDS presents “A Celtic Celebration” at 7:30 p.m. in the Frauenthal Center
Oct. 16, 2019 – MCC Wind Ensemble and Jazz Ensemble present “Hope in Music” at 7:30 p.m. in the Frauenthal Theater
Nov. 3, 2019 – MCC Collegiates and College Singers will perform “Music Inspired by Hope” at 3 p.m. in the Beardsley Theater
Nov. 17, 2019 – MCC Honors Orchestra presents “Music of the Russian Composers” at 3 p.m. in the Frauenthal Theater
Nov. 23, 2019 – West Michigan Concert WINDS present “Superheroes & Princesses” at 7:30 p.m. in the Frauenthal Center with special guests, the West Michigan Symphony Children’s Choir
Dec. 9, 2019 – “All MCC Holiday Celebration” features the MCC Wind and Jazz Ensembles, the Collegiates, The College Singers and small group performances by students and faculty at 7:30 p.m. in the Frauenthal Theater
Feb. 23, 2020 – “MCC Music Spectacular” features MCC winds, percussion, vocals and strings – from soloists to large ensembles at 3 p.m. in the Frauenthal Theater
March 21, 2020 – West Michigan Concert WINDS will perform at 7:30 p.m. in the Frauenthal Center
April 19, 2020 – MCC Wind Ensemble and Jazz Ensemble will perform at 3 p.m. in the Frauenthal Theater
April 19, 2020 – The MCC College Singers, Collegiates, and MCC Honors Orchestra will perform at 7:30 p.m. in the Frauenthal Theater.